Saturday, 30 July 2011

Almost-Famous Amos Cookies Recipe

A few days ago, I totally craving for home-made cookies. It has been a very long time I didn't bake anything. So I tried to make cookies that I called "Almost-Famous Amos Cookies" and guess what? I manage to make quite a good bake. :) Let's check this out:




2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal & blend in blender to a fine powder)
24 oz. chocolate chips
1 tsp. salt
18 oz. Cadbury bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)
2 tsp. vanilla
Cream the butter and both sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla;
mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.
Add chocolate chips, Cadbury bar and nuts.
Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet.
bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.


Notes:
Okay, this could be such a super sweet cookies if you follow the exact amount of both sugars. So, I just used about 3/4 cup of them. I didn't add chocolate chips and it was fine. I reduced all the ingredient to half. For instance, 2 cups of butter was reduced to 1 cup only. (This was my first attempt to make these cookies. I didn't want to finish them all by myself it turned to be not-so delicious. Haha).And, 1 bar of chocolate bar is equal to 10 to 12 oz (this recipe didn't mention about it).  One more thing, it is better for the cookies to not have an exact shape. Just use spoons to place the cookies on cookies sheet. First, I rolled it into balls but it wasn't attractive. Then, I place the ingredient with spoons and it was better. Sorry for not having any picture of them because we have already munch them until nothing left. Let's try this for this coming Hari Raya Aidilfitri. :) Last but not least, happy eid mubarak. Baraka Allahu fi kum.

Credit to: Recipe

4 comments:

  1. tentu sedap...nak sikettt? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. boleh...t nak raye kite buat lagi ye :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe..okeh2..jgn lupa bwk blik gombak sket yek..hehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okeyh. If still ade, saya bawak. :)

    ReplyDelete